CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 6, 2009

Saoirse Kate

Saoirse (pronounced SOR-SHA if your from Belfast and SEER-SHA if your from southern Ireland)We say SOR-SHA.

Saoirse is a word in the Irish language that means 'freedom'. I have loved this name from the first time I heard it... I KNOW that she will be tortured in school as I am sure EVERYONE will struggle to pronounce it. She can always go by Kate :)).

For all of you who don't know, my husband is from Belfast. He immigrated here about 8years ago. His entire family still resides in Belfast. Since we've been married, we have made the journey to Ireland every other year. This summer, his family came over for the christening. Next Christmas, we will go there. Yes, 6 kids, 2 planes, and 14 hours. I cringe just thinking about it... but, we do have a GREAT time when we're there. My husbands family is great and there are SO many volunteers already for baby care! We might actually get a few good nights out in town- YIPPEE!!!

Saoirse was the first baby home about 2 1/2 weeks after she was born. Sweet, smiling, girl. Saoirse LOVES her thumb. She was the first to find it and keeps it in her mouth most of the time. Saoirse loves Yo Gabba Gabba. Its like she is hypnotized every time this show comes on.... she actually stops whatever she's doing, her mouth opens, and she just STARES.

Recently, Saoirse has also been very weary of new people. For example, some of my girlfriends from work came over, she SCREAMED when they tried to pick her up. She also hides her face in my shoulder when someone she doesn't know is talking to her... maybe she will be my shy one? Only time will tell!!

Here are some pics of Ms. Saoirse:

MOSQUITO BITES



Wet, teething, face!



Sleeping...

1 comment:

Fulton Quads said...

Betsy I just have to tell you that I never heard of this name till last year when I ran into a friend from highschool. She named her daughter Saoirse, her hubby is from Ireland so they pronounce it different than you do. It is a beautiful name! Never knew there was two different origins! Very cool!
Love, Cathy & her quads