CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Gunner Paulson

Gunner. This was MY name choice. I always said if I had a son, I would name him Gunner. It took my husband a little while to get use to the name, but finally he caved and said OK. My husbands name is Paul. Actually, everyone in my husbands family's name is Paul. You know in my Big Fat Greek Wedding, everyone was Nick? Well my hubbies family- PAUL. His dad is Peter Paul, grandfather- Paul Peter- nephew- Paul Richard, and he is Paul Patrick. OK. Enough said.

When his sister called me and said I would have to name on of them Paul, the wheels started turning in my brain.... After explaining the situation to one of my co-workers (thanks TRISH!!:)), she suggested PAULSON, and it was PERFECT!!


Now, when we found out we were having quads, and that there would be 2 boys and 2 girls, I immediately started with the names... My original names for my two boys were Gunner & Shooter. Yes, Shooter. I really do like that name! (When I was in NYC, I remember reading a page 6 article and there was Waylon Jennings son, Shooter. He was the coolest cat I'd ever seen. Really stylish and funky.) Well, after running this name by my husband- he informed me that he would be shot getting of the plane if he arrived back in Ireland after naming his two sons, Gunner & Shooter. So, Shooter became Jude!

Gunner is the SPITTING image of my husband. I mean IDENTICAL baby photos. The only difference is my husband is much darker... black hair and dark brown eyes. Gunner has my eyes and lighter hair (for now). Gunner is my BIG boy. At 7 months old, he weighs 21 pounds and is 28 1/2 inches long. He's been the biggest since day one and not much seems to have changed!! Gunner is also my happy child. When I say happy, I mean ALWAYS HAPPY. This child smiles from am to pm. He is also on the verge of crawling and crazy teething. He's up on all fours and rocking... then lunges forward-I think in the next few weeks he'll be EVERYWHERE.
Time to install the baby gates!!




No comments: